Steak Burlington VT
My father Walt opened the Windjammer Restaurant in 1977 with a commitment to offering the best steaks, prime rib and seafood in Burlington, Vermont. Tom and I are proud to continue the Windjammer tradition of simple, classic food in a fun and inviting atmosphere. The Windjammer and Upper Deck Pub are two unique dining experiences in one location. We invite you to enjoy great food in a warm and friendly environment with some of the best local hospitality around.
The Windjammer Hospitality Group is committed to protecting the environment, the health and safety of our employees, and the community in which we conduct our business. It is our policy to seek improvements throughout our business operations to lessen our impact on the local and global environment by conserving energy, water and other natural resources; reducing waste generation; recycling and purchasing recycled-content products; and reducing our use of toxic materials or production of toxic products and/or byproducts. We are committed to environmental excellence and pollution prevention through continual improvement and meeting or exceeding all environmental regulatory requirements.
Our efforts have made an enormous impact on our environment and we are very proud to be the first Vermont hotel to have been issued the EPA’s ENERGY STAR certification.
WJ Green Initiatives:
- Compost 500 pounds of food scraps per day, averaging 184, 000 pounds per year
- Recycle all cardboard, plastics, paper – averaging 2028 cubic yards per year
- Installed demand-controlled variable speed/frequency kitchen ventilation (hood vent motors)
- LED lighting for entire kitchen
- LED lighting in all table lights
- CFL lighting in the pavilion and chart rooms
- Energy star rated kitchen equipment – (not 100%)
- Switched to 100% PCR paper towels and bathroom tissue – Compostable to-go containers
- Motion sensors in storage, offices and bathrooms
- Motion sensor hand dryers in all bathrooms
- Eco Lab Bulk Dispensers, preventing bottles and packaging going into landfills
Clean Water, Healthy Fish and Happy People
As a member of Lake Champlain International (LCI), we have pledged our commitment to helping LCI promote and ensure the future of Lake Champlain. We understand the connection between a healthy lake and a strong economy and community. LCI’s mission is the conservation, restoration and revitalization of Lake Champlain and its watershed. LCI educates, advocates and motivates to ensure that Lake Champlain is swimmable, drinkable and fishable. The Windjammer Hospitality Group is proud to support such an outstanding organization.
Share this article
What are the best cities to live in Vermont for young adults? - Quora
Burlington is a wonderful city for a young person to live in. In the main city, nearly all amenities are within walking distance. Those which are not, are usually accessible via bus. Downtown is packed with bars and pubs of all types. Like live music? Try Nectar’s. Prefer trivia? Check out RiRa’s. Want an unusual cocktail? Go to Daily Planet.
There is a co-op grocery store downtown with fresh and local food. For more affordable options, a bus ride out to South Burlington brings you to Shaw’s and Price Chopper. You’ll find every type of restaurant—nearly none of the typical chain places.